C++ symbolic expression tools?

Kragen kragen@pobox.com
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 15:53:05 -0500 (EST)

On 15 Nov 1998, Clemens Heitzinger wrote:
> Eric Tiedemann <est@apache.org> writes:
> > b) I can't just use a generic Lisp-in-C library since I'm using this for
> > realtime purposes and can't afford an intrusive garbage collection pause.
>
> It has been mentioned on comp.lang.lisp several days ago that
> Harlequin (http://www.harlequin.com) sells a Lisp with real-time
> garbage collector.

Would incremental gc (avoiding intrusive gc pauses) be sufficient for
your purposes, Eric, or do you need a real real-time gc with absolute
upper bounds on allocation time?

Irony and sarcasm deflate seriousness, and when your seriousness becomes detum-
escent, you're not held responsible for your thoughts. Irony beats thinking like
rock beats scissors. -- http://www.hyperorg.com/backissues/joho-june2-98.html