Scheme compilers

Mark Dulcey mark@ziplink.net
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:09:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Mike McDonald wrote:

> >Is there any way that I might be able to get my hands on some of the old
> >Lispm code?  Of course Symbolics is going to be a little uptight about
> >theirs, but there must be some way of getting ahold of system code used on
> >the LMI and TI Lispms, both of which appear to be long defunct.  (Of
> >course, even better would be to have my own, but nobody gives them away
> >for free, and even if they did the shipping costs up here would be
> >horrendous.)
>
>   There was an effort a while back trying to get the CADR code
> released from MIT but evidentially, they can't find a copy of the
> code. :-( Nobody was able to track down the TI code either. Since
> Symbolics is still alive, I doubt they'd be interested in releasing
> theirs. Although, they may have a copy of the CADR code. Hmm, I'll
> check with reti and see.

Most LMI CADRs and Lambdas were sold with complete source code (all the
way down to the microcode!). If you can find one that is still in working
condition, it will probably have the source.

Explorers (more of which still work), alas, didn't usually come with
source, so finding that version would be tougher.