A Summary of Project so far [Re: Kernel LISP - how low down can it go?] -Reply

Patrick Logan patrickl@servio.gemstone.com
Thu, 22 May 97 11:30 PDT

    Ray> I am not up on any latest research or model used by OODB in
    Ray> this respect, so I may be way off base, but the model seems
    Ray> incomplete.  It seems to me that another significant model is
    Ray> that everyone wins, creating incrementally-diverging versions
    Ray> of the object graph, and active applications which process
    Ray> the objects are notified of the existence of divergent
    Ray> versions that may (or may not) need to be reconciled.  This
    Ray> may be easy or hard.

See http://17.255.4.68/people/dourish/default.html

Paul Dourish, formerly of Xerox EuroPARC and now of Apple Research,
has done a lot of work on OIs/MOPs for synchrony and divergence. This
has been mainly applied to the groupware model as opposed to high
volume OLTP/OLAP.

--
Patrick Logan                 mailto:patrickl@gemstone.com
Voice 503-533-3365            Fax   503-629-8556