A Summary of Project so far [Re: Kernel LISP - how lowdown can it go?] -Reply -Reply

Ray Whitmer RAY@corel.com
Thu, 22 May 1997 12:49:13 -0600

** High Priority **

>>> Patrick Logan <patrickl@servio.gemstone.com> 05/22/97 12:28pm
>>>
>See http://17.255.4.68/people/dourish/default.html
>
>Paul Dourish, formerly of Xerox EuroPARC and now of Apple Research,
>has done a lot of work on OIs/MOPs for synchrony and divergence. This
>has been mainly applied to the groupware model as opposed to high
>volume OLTP/OLAP.

Thanks for the reference.  My applications (and most where I really value
a VM) tend to be more groupware-like, but not necessarily the low
volume typical of traditional groupware, and I prefer to still think in the
transaction model, and when you point millions of users at different parts
of the same distributed object graphs and want them to interact,
groupware or not, it probably isn't low volume, however slow individual
network connections may be.

Thanks,

Ray Whitmer