Max has Literate Programming

Tril tril@tunes.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:07:26 -0700

I've checked in some changes, the most important of which is a switch to
noweb, a literate programming system.
http://cliki.tunes.org/Literate%20Programming

You now need noweb to run max.  You can install the debian package
"nowebm".

If you have LaTeX (debian packages tetex-bin, tetex-base, tetex-extra),
you can create the documentation, max.ps.

So far I've documented the modules max, test, util, and addr.  The .lsp
files corresponding to these have been removed, and replaced with .nw
files.  All the other .lsp files will follow as I document them.

I highly suggest reading max.ps.  It's meant to explain Max in detail,
and in an understandable order.

You can edit the .nw files using any text editor- I'm using xemacs with
noweb mode.  The format is not too complicated; you can read about it in
"man noweave".

--
Tril 0. Byte <tril@tunes.org> http://tril.tunes.org/
PGP key fingerprint: DADB ED32 6E54 80D0 7E69  7549 C3A3 446F CAA4 66C0