Pthhbbbt.

Dr. Hayden haydedr@WKUVX1.BITNET
Thu, 08 Apr 1993 21:58:29 CDT

Dennis Marer <dmarer@iws804.intel.com> writes:

<snip...>

>1. Why are you working on Moose?  (Be detailed!)
>
>2. What are your intentions?  (Technical knowledge/just for fun/fame/fortune/
>       fast women/famous fortunate fast women?)
>
>3. When all is said and done, what do you want to say you have accomplished?

I'm working on this project purely for the fun and for the challenge.
And, it seems I've already learned quite a lot about object oriented
design.  I enjoy the unique experience of participating in a project
of this scale by email.

When all is said and done, all I want is to be able to say, "Yeah, I
wrote an operating system." :-)  But really, no matter the success of
Moose as a product, I'd like to be able to say I had fun learning
(having a working, successful product would be nice too).

>Next, I began thinking about requirements - general things, like "Moose should
>be easy to port to other systems".  Or even, "Moose needs to be smaller than
>Windows NT".  Of course, some of these will be easy to accomplish... ;-)

Smaller than NT?  Now I know we said no more than 25% of total system
resources, but COME ON NOW!!  And I also really really really wish we
could make Moose look *JUST LIKE* Windows, too.  d;-)  (I'm sporting
my new baseball cap in this smiley).

<snip...>

>No, I don't think we should be thinking about the Pentium yet - I was just
>offering the info if anyone is interested.  One thing we shouldn't ignore

Yeah, but I sure would love to get my hands on that set of manuals you
bought; unfortunately, though, I currently have a bad case of broke.

<snip...>

>Just a guess: The P6 will do instruction ordering optimization on the fly. :-)
>
>                               Dennis

But of course, when the P6 comes out, Moose will by then do
instruction ordering optimization _much better_ than anyone else :-)

Later,
Ross