Home Boxes?

Andreas Arff ANDREASA@dhhalden.no
5 Jun 93 12:06:41 +0100

> Seriously, though, we probably all need to decide on a
> standard set of tools to write this thing with.  If Dennis uses TASM,
> I use gas, and somebody else uses MASM, we'll be stuck.  I suggest
> selecting GNU tools -- that way we won't have to pay for them if we
> don't have them.

Borland has got a very liberal copy policy. You can distribute x number of
copies, as long as only one is used at a time, and since we are spread
through out the world, that wouldn't be any crucial difficulties, if someone
has got a *legal* copy of it!

If we use GNU, mustn't we agree on some special policy things then. BTW, we'll
need an assembler for MOOSE anyway, so why don't we put our language group
to do it? It is very easy to make a simple assembler! Only to hardcode the
different op-codes to the different asm. commands.
MASS, Moose ASSembler.
> --
> Dan Odom
> danodom@matt.ksu.ksu.edu -- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS