Co-ordination languages ...

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Sat, 13 Mar 93 08:36:22 -0500

=>What I would like to propose based on this is NOT that we adopt linda but rat
her
=>that we use it's simplicity as a guide in seeking a single unifying
=>concept encompassing files, inter application communication and inter machine
=>communication.
=>
=>Since an OS defines a coordination language we can implement this concept as
=>a conventional OS -- the problem with current OSes is that they use many
=>seperate concepts for these things (eg., files., shared memory, RPC etc.)

=>Michael Winikoff
=>winikoff@cs.mu.oz.au
=>Computer science honours. University of Melbourne, Australia.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts