Beginning Work [djo9][arf8]

Andreas Arff ANDREASA@dhhalden.no
18 May 93 12:00:55 +0100

Hello Moosers, hope I get the numbers right:-)

> is Dan Odom
> > Where we still have to get to an agreement is:
> >
> > o How looks a destination address?
> >   Should it look like this: (machine address, object id, method id)
> >   or only like this: (object id, method id)
> >   or like this: (machine address, process id)
>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> That one.  Each process should have a 'message-handler' object that
> will receive messages and notify the rest of the process.
>
> Kind of like:   if (MsgHandler.ismsg ());  // Check to see if msg. is waiting.
>                 switch (MsgHandler.message)
>                   // etc...

Ooooh, nooo!!! I'm in favour for another way of doing it.
 SupplyMessageSystemCrashFunction (MySystemCrashFunction);
When a system crash comes, the system crash "spy" calls the
"MySystemCrashFunction". Then the system would take care of all message
handling, and the programmer could program, and not think of eartly things
as messages.

Arff

sig.'s in for 1000 miles service
        --Andreas Arff          andreasa@dhhalden.no--