Beginning Work [djo9]

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Tue, 18 May 93 17:25:19 -0400

In Message <9305172217.AA29740@matt.ksu.ksu.edu> ,
   Dan Odom <danodom@matt.ksu.ksu.edu> wrote:

=>> P.S: One for the compiler designer.
=>
=>Woah!  SINGULAR??!!  Am I the only one interested in the compiler????
=>Geez, I sure hope not.
=>
=>But if I must work alone, I must work alone.  Oh, well.
=>
   I can certainly help out with a compiler, but we haven't yet
established the need for a new compiler (as opposed to adapting
and existing one) or a new langauge.

=>How's this:  Decide what language we'll use.  I'm in favor of C++, but
=>if you all want something else we'll use something else.  Give me the
=>name of the language and I'll hammer out an initial spec for the RTL.
=>
   There are other options, like Sather, and I may have a lead
toward an existing Ellie compiler, so we will have to wait and see.
I would leave C++ as a last option.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts