Exe => Img ????

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:05:40 +0200

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 02:53:44PM +0200, LeDudu@gmx.net wrote:
> I have an exe-file with a size of 1077 bytes.
> The disk only accepts an img-file of 512 bytes. When I try to make an
> img-file with "IMG version 2.0 by Kalk Huth", it becomes an img of 1,47
> megabytes. Now I know I should do it with Microsoft DEBUG
> but I don't know how!!!

1) first and foremost, this list is NOT os-help, but os-ideas.
  Stop polluting this forum with your silly questions,
  and go os-help@tunes.org instead!

2) under DOS, use rawrite, or modify the sources of rawrite,
  to dump your image on floppy. rawrite is available
  with any linux distribution, as well as on any PC site.

3) if you've got more than epsilon of a brain, stop using MS-DoS
  and MS-Losedoze, and instead use linux, where you can just
  dd if=foo.img of=/dev/fd0 sync

4) get a clue, and learn to RTFM

[ "Faré" | VN: Уng-Vû Bân | Join the TUNES project!   http://www.tunes.org/  ]
[ FR: François-René Rideau | TUNES is a Useful, Nevertheless Expedient System ]
[ Reflection&Cybernethics  | Project for  a Free Reflective  Computing System ]
If a trainstation is where the trains stop, what is then a workstation...
	-- Lars Lundgren <d95lars@dtek.chalmers.se>