Hardware

Tom Novelli tom at tunes.org
Sun Apr 6 16:09:21 PDT 2003

That's a nice idea you've got there, Glenn.  You could get a mini-ITX board
for $100 and slap in a 128MB USB flash stick, but someone has to come up
with a new PC standard that doesn't have 25 years of baggage.  Bear with me,
as this is sort of like the deaf leading the blind: Brian stays away from
low-level stuff and I tend to thrive on it.  I haven't paid much attention
to Slate so far; all I know is that it's an experiment, just a step along
the way.  The final product (Tunes) would compile machine code for whatever
processor it's running on, using a LISP-like intermediate code.  I think it
could deal with flash memory.

Tom Novelli