The state of unit-testing

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Jul 31 20:00:35 PDT 2003

After some wrestling with the SUnit port to Slate, I've realised that it's
not going to work without either a lot of hacking and kluges, or proper
exception-handling support, as it relies extensively on being able to
recover from errors (how else do you verify that an error happens,
continue, and count it?), and the stack currently gets mangled by errors.

So, I may just work out the testing facilities by providing batches of
code flatly in a file, or wait a while.

A general goal is to port / provide equivalents for the ANSI Smalltalk
tests here: http://ansi-st-tests.sourceforge.net/

Does anyone have some opinions to share on how to proceed?