Short-term plan: unit testing and modules

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Jun 26 12:41:51 PDT 2003

Lee and I discussed and decided that the time for automated unit testing
has come, so I will put something together to get this done. I'll also add
some simple emacs mode support for it, just to make it as easy as possible
to get the test feedback.

After that, I will probably activate a simple file-centric version of the
module system that is outlined in src/module.slate, and uncomment all of
those "requires:" header lines in the source files.

This should allow us to scale up the development and debugging a bit more
so we can move forward.

Are there any suggestions or comments about this or where we are at? Like
all of you, I too am anxious for a migration away from the lisp
interpreter, and this is the next step for user-land to support this, I
think.