Short-term plan: unit testing and modules

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Sat Jun 28 04:24:07 PDT 2003

I just uploaded the first core change. The interpreter now has hooks for
module- and feature-tracking, for which I'm preparing Slate-based
overrides.

Also there is a provision for toggling between normal error behavior and a
very primitive method "messageNotUnderstood" which totally avoids the
debugging option in order to make testing easier. This method definitely
will have an override which I am putting together already, for a greater
amount of information to report.

To enable/disable debugging, type "debug: True" (the default) or "debug:
False" for the other mode. This is a faux-slot on the lobby: really it's a
special variable in the CL interpreter which hooks into the dispatch
system.

I'll put out an updated manual for these things when everything is ready.