using collections

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Sat May 3 15:27:36 PDT 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Paul Dufresne wrote:

> This extract seems odd. Especially about the size of the collection.

(Omitted some details.)
> Slate 6> x newSize: 40.

This method returns a /new/ Set of the particular size. The original slot,
x, that the size-10 Set was referred to by, was not changed.

> Slate 9> x add: 'Hi'.
> Backtrace
> ---------
> Method include: @ primitive
> Method scanFor: @ primitive
> Method value: @ primitive
> Method hash @ primitive
> Method whileTrue: @ primitive
> Method value @ primitive
> Block @ line 54 in src/method.slate
> Method value: @ primitive
> Block @ line 160 in src/sequence.slate
> ---------
> Error: A method named 'hashMultiply' was not found for the arguments:
> (8727129)

Okay, this is a case of a method that we haven't ported over from Squeak
yet which I erroneously called. I'll see if a straight port of the method
or some modification is the right thing to do here.

mailto:water at tunes.org