undefined reference to `PWord_copyWords_into_'

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 23:19:44 PDT 2004

I had the feeling that the VM generated with VC++ was quite slower than the
one I had generated with lcc-win32. Since one have said that with GCC it was
much
faster, I decided to have a try with latest version of GNU Bloodshed IDE:

"Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment
(IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU
Compiler Collection) as it's compiler. Dev-C++ can also be used in
combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler."

See http://www.bloodshed.net/download.html

I use:
Dev-C++ version 4.9.9.0, includes full Mingw compiler system (GCC 3.3.1) and
GDB 5.2.1

I had a problem with static inline procedure and functions.
I was always having syntax error on the word following static.
So I added a line like this in env.h:
  #define inline
which I believe have the effect of removing all inline from the code.

Now my problem is that it seems that the vm is not generated because of the
errors
while linking (I believe VC++ had the same, but was generating the vm.exe
anyway).

Here is my compilation (and linking) log:
===
Compilateur: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\slate_tmp\Makefile.win"
Exécution de  make clean
rm -f vm.o boot.o file.o  Slater.exe

gcc.exe -c vm.c -o vm.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/slate_tmp"    -ansi -w

gcc.exe -c boot.c -o boot.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/slate_tmp"
-ansi -w

gcc.exe -c file.c -o file.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/slate_tmp"
-ansi -w

g++.exe vm.o boot.o file.o  -o "Slater.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib"

boot.o(.text+0x79a):boot.c: undefined reference to
`PSInterpreter_sendMessage_withOptionals_'
boot.o(.text+0x8fc):boot.c: undefined reference to `PWord_copyWords_into_'
boot.o(.text+0x9ac):boot.c: undefined reference to `PWord_copyWords_into_'
file.o(.text+0x75a):file.c: undefined reference to
`PSInterpreter_sendMessage_withOptionals_'
file.o(.text+0x8bc):file.c: undefined reference to `PWord_copyWords_into_'
file.o(.text+0x96c):file.c: undefined reference to `PWord_copyWords_into_'

make.exe: *** [Slater.exe] Error 1

Exécution terminée
===

I am still using the same files I used with VC++.
That is vm.c and vm.h from July 31 and
slate-current.tar.gz from August 1, 23h22.

So either I am asking for an option to generate the .exe ignoring the
errors,
or either if that these undefined reference are out with latest CVS
or maybe I want them to be removed in a next cvs-current.tar.gz
or a better way to fix the problem that made me add my #define inline
or either I really don't know what I want. :-)

--Paul

Des mécanismes de contrôle parental puissants permettent à votre enfant de
découvrir tout ce qu’Internet a à offrir.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/parental Commencez dès
maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les
deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.