How to build slate vm with Bloodshed's DEV-C++ (Windows)

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 01:33:33 PDT 2004

Ok, clearly I was not building right.
Mainly, I was bypassing the Makefile given.

So I included my slatevm.dev project file with this message.

1. Install Bloodshed's DEV-C++ (7.5Mb, Mingw included in)
2. Have a fresh slate directory ( I decompressed slate-current.tar.gz on c:\
)
3. Have in slate's root direcory:
  -slatevm.dev
  -vm.c, vm.h and little.image from alpha directory (downloads on the slate
site)
4. Rebuild all
After that, you should have a vm.exe in slate's root directory.

If you don't want to use the slatevm.dev file join to this message:
-make steps 1,2,3
-open dev-c++ and create a new project in slate's root directory
-change the projects options (Makefile tab) to use the following makefile:
Makefile
-add to the project vm.c
-add to the project src/mobius/platform/boot.c
-add to the project src/mobius/platform/file.c
Rebuild all

Probably looking quite obvious for many, but probably not for everyone (like
me).
It'.

Now I just need to figure out why this is working. :-)

BTW: the resulted seems indeed way faster than with VC++ this way.

--Paul

Balayez vos courriels entrants et sortants et les pièces jointes et
contribuez à éliminer les virus destructeurs susceptibles d’y être intégrés.
  http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/virus Commencez dès
maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les
deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.