I'm happy with Aug 7, 16h19 VM, but will requires: work soon?

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 19:25:36 PDT 2004

I have downloaded new alpha files (Aug 7, 16h19).

I compiled a new vm.exe file with them and tried with latest CVS sources.

Clearly, the abort expression works.
Even on 5 / 0 .

I was able to generate a new VM with it's bootstraped image (just for
testing).

The only thing that don't seems to work yet is the requires:
I've made a simple reqtest.slate:
===
requires: {#Toti}.
provides: {#Toto}.

_ at lobby tellme
[
  'but I have nothing to say to you!'
]
===

And I am able load: it without problem, and then ask tellme.

So should I understand that the new module system will have to wait
after 0.3?

I'd like to congratulate Lee for it's latest speed and debugging
enhancements.
I know you are putting very much time and efforts for giving us this new
version very soon. And we say: 'there is a problem with that and with this',
but in fact I think others will admit that we are amazed by the work done
lately.

--Paul

Profitez des puissants filtres de courriels indésirables articulés sur la
technologie brevetée MicrosoftMD SmartScreen.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/junkmail Commencez dès
maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les
deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.