slate-0.3.tgz works fine on Windows

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:32:01 PDT 2004

I did read in the logs that, since the patch for VC++ didn't work it was
removed from
CVS. But I am confused as if the files in alpha still contains it.

Anyway, so I decided to give a test on slate-0.3.tgz, just to be sure it is
fine.
And indeed it appears to be fine.

I:
-decompressed slate-0.3.tgz in C:\
-Run Dev-C++ (Bloodshed with MINGW compiler) and created a project in
c:\slate-0.3
containing only vm.c file, and modified project options to use the Makefile
that was there
-run "vm.exe little.image"
-"load: tests/init.slate'."
-"testing runAllTests." and saw that all tests passed
-"load: 'src/mobius/init.slate'."
-"VM generateVM: 'alloha'.
-"VM buildImage: 'polo.image' &littleEndian: True."
-"quit."
-build a new project with alloha.c and the Makefile
-rebuilt all
-"vm.exe polo.image"
-"load: tests/init.slate'."
-"testing runAllTests." and saw that all tests passed

Also, I tested that VC could compiled (and later run) vm.c by surronding
primitive33 by #pragmas:
#pragma optimize ("g",off)
void _primitive33(struct Interpreter * interpreter, ObjectPointer *
arguments, unsigned long int argumentsSize, struct OopArray * optionals)
{
  ObjectPointer y;
  ObjectPointer x;

  x = arguments[0];
  y = arguments[1];
  PSInterpreter_stackPush_(interpreter, ObjectPointer_asSmallInt(x) <
ObjectPointer_asSmallInt(y)?CurrentMemory->TrueObject:CurrentMemory->FalseObject);
}
#pragma optimize ("g",on)

So all seems fine with slate-0.3.tgz.
Hope this is a usefull info (somehow telling that things don't works seems
more usefull) :-)

--Paul

Des mécanismes de contrôle parental puissants permettent à votre enfant de
découvrir tout ce qu’Internet a à offrir.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/parental&ST=1&xAPID=1983&DI=2043
Commencez dès maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et
obtenez les deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.