Unhandled signal

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Jul 29 02:19:10 PDT 2004

This is a bit misleading. It's a result in the VM of trying to raise an
condition using a message-send and failing (in the special objects
array). Here's the code:

i@(Interpreter pointer) signal: signalIndex on: args arity: n
"Invokes a 'signal': a selector known in the SpecialObjectsArray so that
errors in primitives can issue Conditions."
[| args!(ObjectPointer pointer) selector!ObjectPointer
def!(MethodDefinition pointer) method!(CompiledMethod pointer) |
    selector: (CurrentMemory specialAt: signalIndex).
    def: (selector dispatchTo: args arity: n above: 0).
    def
      ifNil: [error: 'Unhandled signal.'].
    method: def method pointer!(CompiledMethod pointer) cast.
    i apply: method to: args arity: n withOptionals: Nil
] export.

Basically, if it looks up this signalling selector and doesn't find a
method, the VM dies with this message. Unfortunately, you can't tell
what the message was yet. :/