slate unicode support

Lendvai Attila Attila.Lendvai at netvisor.hu
Fri Jul 30 07:01:20 PDT 2004

:: What do you mean by the last sentence? That one shouldn't
:: use any other letters in slot/method/whatever names than
:: [A-z0-9]? How would using for example chinese or tamil
:: letters break the syntax?

at a certain point in the future, this issue will be much different.
source will be just another object graph, and an editor will work on
that object graph instead of plain text (i.e. no parsing, or in a quite
different way).

at that point names will be only used for humans, you could even remove
all names from the code as a simple and effective ofuscation, and it
would still run just like before.

so I don't think we should concentrate on parsing too much, just simply
avoid chineese until there's an editor mentioned above.

- 101