Pointers in Slate.

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Nov 10 10:45:55 PST 2004

I don't know. You took on the responsibility for these decisions when
you decided to write a backend. Read the code for files and how
external identifiers are passed in and out. Maybe that will give you an
idea (basically using asSmallInt), but you still have to make decisions
based on how the system you're working on needs to behave - you might
need an indirection table or a hash, or something else.

I'm a little disappointed that you've not finished the SDL backend
first, or at least suitably presented it in a way that can be taken and
used. So, what's the status of it? What functions work and are
complete? Are there bugs? Are you still changing the source code
heavily, or should I pick it up and start integrating it?