New tutorial revision

nicolas.pelletier3 at free.fr nicolas.pelletier3 at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 23:08:27 PDT 2004

Lee Salzman <lsalzman1 at cox.net> writes:

> Why not place the tutorial on our Swiki? That way it is easy to find and
> everyone can help with it!

Isn't a link  to the tutorial pages  from the Swiki enough ?  I do not
intend  to switch  ISPs  frequently  (of course,  time  will tell  ;-)
). Still,  changing the  place where  it can be  found is  annoying, I
agree.

The current tutorial is written  in SGML DocBook files, allowing me to
produce several output formats (HTML, PostScript...) from the same set
of  sources, in the  hope that  the tutorial  can be  distributed with
Slate (as is the case of other documentation) when it is finished. The
readers are currently few, and the ones that made comments are on this
list and  used e-mail. I am  worried about loosing  the possibility to
produce several outputs from the same source.

Another solution  could be to have  a 'Tutorial Comments'  page on the
Swiki  to collect  these remarks,  and clear  the page  anew  when its
contents get included in the next tutorial revision.

Still another  solution could be to  put the tutorial  directly on the
Slate site...

What do people think ?

--
Nicolas