Broken vm build on Linux

nicolas.pelletier3 at free.fr nicolas.pelletier3 at free.fr
Sat Oct 9 06:26:54 PDT 2004

Hello,

I just downloaded a fresh version of slate-current.tar.gz, vm.[ch] and
little.image, and  tried the  usual way 'cd  slate-current ;  make' to
build a VM. However, the build failed:

vm.c: In function `_primitive69':
vm.c:4311: error: `SF_READ' undeclared (first use in this function)
vm.c:4311: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vm.c:4311: error: for each function it appears in.)

... and other  related errors for SF_WRITE/SF_CREATE/SF_CLEAR. Looking
for  a way  to fix  this,  I found  that there  are several  different
versions file.h,  env.h, and file.c  (in vm/platform, vm/platform/unix
and   vm/platform/includes).   I  tried   to   build   the  files   in
platform/unix, but the build failed on directory.c:

directory.c: In function `openDirectory':
directory.c:63: error: `S_IRWXU' undeclared (first use in this function)
directory.c:63: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
directory.c:63: error: for each function it appears in.)

...  and  other related  errors  for  `SLATE_PATH_NAME_LENGTH'. I'm  a
little confused: how is this supposed to work ?

--
Nicolas