Are svgalib primitives a good idea?

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 10:40:22 PDT 2004

There was some discussions of the best way to get a nice gui for Slate some
weeks ago.

It seems that the idea of Slate, is having CLIM as a gui.
I didn't know of CLIM before, but looking a bit a the docs it sound good,
even
if I did not have real experience with it.

Anyway, there is a need to have basic gui primitives, to make CLIM over.

Svgalib seems to be really enough low-level for not overlapping with CLIM.
Main problem I see, is that this is for Linux only, as far as I know.

I believe it is time to open some discussion about this subject (even
if code speaks louder that words).

So what are the opinions on this?

Des mécanismes de contrôle parental puissants permettent à votre enfant de
découvrir tout ce qu’Internet a à offrir.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/parental&ST=1&xAPID=1983&DI=2043
Commencez dès maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et
obtenez les deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.