Hello...

Roberto Amorim roberto.amorim at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:03:52 PDT 2004

Hi everyone.

My name is Roberto Amorim (AKA "Wolfox" in many places) and I'm a
Smalltalk lover for as long as I know the language. For years I've
been looking for a BSD/MIT Smalltalk(ish) implementation with some
more advanced features, but with Smalltalk-like syntax.

A few years ago I've heard of Slate from Brian Rice himself on the
#squeak IRC channel, and I've been following the language for a while.
Now that it's fully bootstraped in C, I thought I should stop lurking
and get a little more active (I don't really know Common Lisp).

Anyway, here I am. I'm very excited about Slate, and I see a lot of
potential in the language. I hope I can be useful.

BTW, I've succesfully compiled the Slate VM on Windows using MinGW and
the MinGW Developer Studio. If someone wants the binary, or the
project file, just let me know; I have binaries for slate 0.3 and for
the CVS version of today, 2004-09-13.

I plan on putting some information about Slate (in Portuguese) in my
site soon. If anyone would like to help me on that, I'd appreciate
that.

BTW, here's my site (it's been a while since it's been updated - RL
can be really mean, you know):

http://www.smalltalk.com.br/

Best regards to all.

Roberto