Tiny patch to get SDL paint.slate working for me

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Fri Apr 1 09:29:02 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 9:07 AM, Paul Dufresne wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:18:00 +0100, "Tony Garnock-Jones"
> <tonyg at lshift.net> said:
>> I am on debian testing. For me, ConsoleOutput doesn't exist, and
> :-) That's the only line I did add after testing my code to
> help people use it a little bit.
> It should be Console rather thant ConsoleOutput.

This has been changed to an inform: call in the repository.

>> filledPie* functions from SDL_gfx are spelled with a lowercase p,
>> filledpie*.
> That's because you are using on "old version".
> So I am inlclined to ask you to build from sources, although that
> is the only change I am aware.
> SDL_gfx 2.0.13 is the last one.

Okay, I'll not include this; I actually asked for the diff to be sent
to the list so that people could use it if it's only a version-specific
issue.

> BTW, paint redraw all the screen each time the mouse is moved.
> On my slow computer, this give a funny effect of a line following
> the mouse.
>
> There is a function to redraw just a rectangle, so there is
> an obvious place for improvement.
> That's without telling that I did not even care to test if
> the button is pressed before beginning to draw.

Hm, someone should get to work on finishing those concurrency
extensions... *ducks and hides*.

> I was expecting people to not believe it (because we are April 1st),
> and them see by themselves after, that in fact it was true.

I suspected it, but I also saw the code. :)