Alpha updated

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Apr 6 04:39:05 PDT 2005

Lendvai Attila wrote:
> this is very strange, because (to my best knowledge) I compiled the same
> files with gcc on cygwin and it worked as expected... while the VC++
> compiled exe did the heap grow error.

The Chicken Scheme compiler has had problems generating code which
tickled bugs in VC++ in the past. Specific (and fairly nasty)
workarounds were required. Perhaps we're hitting the same problem(s)?

The mailing list archives will have details I guess - I'm having trouble
finding the threads I'm after right now though.

Tony
--
  [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
    [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
  []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net