Alpha updated

Lendvai Attila Attila.Lendvai at netvisor.hu
Wed Apr 6 06:22:15 PDT 2005

:: Lendvai Attila wrote:
:: > this is very strange, because (to my best knowledge) I
:: compiled the
:: > same files with gcc on cygwin and it worked as expected...
:: while the
:: > VC++ compiled exe did the heap grow error.
::
:: The Chicken Scheme compiler has had problems generating code which
:: tickled bugs in VC++ in the past. Specific (and fairly nasty)
:: workarounds were required. Perhaps we're hitting the same problem(s)?

we had a problem too with pre-VC 2005 + global optimizations enabled: a
shift was compiled to a rotation...

but this is more intresting: VC 2005 + mingw gcc behaves the same
apparently, so I have a suspicion that it's something else then the
compiler.

- 101