Invalid image header in little.image

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sun Apr 24 11:23:00 PDT 2005

Hi!

On Apr 24, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Adde wrote:

> Hi.
> Saw the new release and decided to try it out, following the tutorial
> on the site i tried to execute:
> ./vm little.image in the build directory and got the follow error:
> 'Slate: little.image: Invalid image header'.
> I tried ./vm big.image instead and that worked so i guess it's no big
> deal but thought that you'd wan't to know.

As stated in the README, the "big" and "little" refer to your
platform's endianness. That said, we could use a better image-header
parser. :) What we have right now is the Simplest Thing That Could
Possibly Work.

> Now, on to trying to make emacs behave  ;)
> /Adde

http://slate.tunes.org:8080/wiki/23 is a tad out of date but should
provide some hints (ironically I don't seem to need the "inspector" any
more - by now it's a toy that's overshadowed by the built-in
introspection and REPL tools).