Attaching darcs patches (was: Cygwin portability patch)

David Hopwood david.nospam.hopwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 18:20:30 PDT 2005

Brian Rice wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2005, at 3:31 PM, David Hopwood wrote:
>> Brian Rice wrote:
>>
>>> I re-constituted the patch and applied it in the main repository.
>>> Please do not send darcs patches inline (use darcs send -o filename
>>> and attach it manually), as they never work for some encoding reason
>>> I have not determined.
>>
>> That's what I did ("darcs send -o cygwin.patch"). If it didn't apply
>> as-is, that can't be the reason.
>
> Your attachment showed up as an inline attachment, which is the same
> symptom I saw for other failed patches. Don't attach them inline.

Oh, you mean "Content-Disposition: inline". Thunderbird seems not to
have any option to override that for attachments that look like text.
On closer examination the problem may be something to do with
canonicalization of line endings.

I've reattached the vm.c warning fix mentioned in my other email
in a .zip file; I think that should solve the problem.