DLL access on Windows

Todd Fleming todd at flemingcnc.com
Sun Jan 9 16:21:52 PST 2005

Shaping wrote:

> How does this work?

MinGW/MSys creates a UNIX-style environment on top of XP. It is built
around a library that emulates key POSIX calls that don't exist under
XP, such as that horribly nasty fork() function.

> I will be getting another hard drive in about three weeks, at which
> time I'll install Linux, and see whether I want to develop there.  I'm
> thinking about SuSE, RedHat, and Debian.  I need a recommendation.
> Keep in mind that I like mouse-clicky things, because I already type
> far too much, and I don't want to be an administrator (foreseeably).
> I spend most of my time on custom-language development and simulation
> (OpenGL).

My personal favorite distros are Debian and Gentoo. I love both of their
package managers but hate RPM (used by RedHat and SuSE). I tend to use
Linux for servers and XP for everyday stuff, including editing Linux
config files :).

> Right, but why the different behavior for little.image startup (Hi,
> there!) versus startup of my work.image, which returns True?  The two
> are the same except for the renaming.

Ah. I misunderstood your question. When you save an image, it saves the
entire state including the call stack. When you load a saved image, you
are continuing where you left off.

Try the following examples:
  [saveImageNamed: 'sayHi.image'. inform: 'Hello'.] do.
  [saveImageNamed: 'sayHiAndQuit.image'. inform: 'Hello'. quit.] do.

Todd