[RFI] RubyGems-like Package Management Framework for Slate

Bill Sun billksun at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 14:51:34 PST 2005

> We just aren't ready for this kind of thing yet.

Not a problem, I'm just throwing out ideas.  And this one is definitely
not a priority compared to the building blocks of Slate.

>So the features it accomplishes could be done by
> extending SqueakMap's framework, but not vice versa. I would prefer
> start with the SM code and improve it with Gem features.

That would be perfect! I'm all for leveraging existing resources.  It
just means that I don't have to wait as long, heheheh.  Well, let me
get back to studying the Slate Language Reference...err I mean let me
get back to work.

-Bill Sun