libSDL renamed to libSDL-1.2 and lost SDL README

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 04:27:31 PST 2005

Please note that I changed the "default" name of the SDL plain library, to
now be libSDL-1.2 rather that of libSDL (the file need an extension like
.so or .dll). I expect this to avoid to add a symlink when installing SDL.

Second, it seems that for a strange reason, SDL README have disappear from
main and alpha. So I decided to include README as it is now here in my
repository, and README.old as it was just before the last SDL patch I send
Brian and that he did have problems with changes on README.

Note that they still include the 3 lines saying where to download SDL_gfx,
that someone (Brian) did removed. (Because I consider these two libraries
to be totally distinct, I did not see the redundant in having those 3
lines).

I hope these could help untill the problem is fixed.

--Paul