Error bootstrapping latest alpha

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Mar 24 20:35:02 PST 2005

On Mar 24, 2005, at 8:03 PM, Shaping wrote:

>> Do "make get-alpha". The image actually recorded in the alpha branch
>> is out of date. The image at the location in the repository is fine,
>> although I need to update it again.
>>
>> Note: when I send an "Alpha updated" email, that means you need to
>> get fresh alpha images with the makerule.
>
> How does this apply if we are using VS2005 beta?
>
> Has the naming convention for the vm in the Windows stuff been
> settled?  If so, would someone please explain it.

Images are irrelevant in terms of the builds. The vm.h just has to be
renamed to slatevm.h as I recall. The project file /should/ do this,
but apparently that functionality isn't working right any more. And you
shouldn't even need to rebuild unless we announce a VM change (even
then, the header rarely really changes).