Io programming language

Bill Sun billksun at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 20:38:14 PST 2005

Has anyone looked at Io (http://www.iolanguage.com/)?

I found out about the language a few weeks ago.  It's a relatively
young language having started at 2002. I haven't tried it yet, but read
a few articles and tutorials here and there.  It's also prototyped
based, also inspired by a similar set of language that inspired the
creation of Slate.

But I think what stands out about the language is its concurrency
implementation. It implements an "actor-based concurrency using
coroutines/light weight threads", which can be read here:

http://www.iolanguage.com/Source/release/Io/_docs/IoProgrammingGuide.html#Concurrency

-Bill Sun