addSlot complicating module handling

Samuel Bronson naesten at gmail.com
Mon May 9 08:52:52 PDT 2005

On 5/9/05, Mark Thoma <mark.thoma at freenet.de> wrote:
> Brian Rice <water <at> tunes.org> writes:
> > And, yes, there is an optimization/binary-compilation framework in
> > Slate already, but it is not ready for deployment - see src/mobius/
> > optimizer/ and related directories (mapped out in README). We've been
> > focussed on design issues before speed.
>
> Do you think Slate will achieve the speed of Java in the general context and be
> on par with C in its sub-contexts?

I'm sure slate will be much faster to write than either Java or C. I
don't know how people can stand to write entire programs in C, and
Java is so boring and verbose (and such a memory hog, too). It seems
almost like they forgot to implement syntax in Java...

-- I-hope-I'm-not-acting-like-an-idiot-ly y'rs, Sam