Directory bug on Windows

Bill Sun billksun at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 14:13:34 PDT 2005

Bryn, how did you compiled the VM?

With the latest VM compiled using VC++ 2005 beta, I
couldn't even do the bootstraping, as the console will
get stuck at the growing heap part in the beginning.
Without any errors, it just says "Slate: Growing heap
to 48xxxx bytes." and just stays there.

As an alternative, I was trying to use MinGW/MSys to
compile the source, but the instructions on the MinGW
installation seems out of date as the config file
looks different from what's currently in the
repository.  After involking the "make" command, I am
getting an error saying it can't find gcc, I think
that's because its using a *nix path, but I don't know
where to change that.

-Bill