Add README to alpha

Bill Sun billksun at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 10:40:32 PST 2005

Hmm...*eats his own foot*...I don't know what I'm
talking about either. But yes it started when I was
browsing the alpha repository via the browser. I
didn't see README there.  But somewhere in the wiki,
there was a link to the README in main repository.
Perhaps that confused me. Although I was pretty sure I
couldn't find a README file in the root directory last
night, looks like I need to go see an eye doctor.