String refactoring, alpha updated

Lendvai Attila Attila.Lendvai at netvisor.hu
Tue Oct 25 03:00:57 PDT 2005

I've accidentally updated the obsolete alpha location at
http://slate.tunes.org/downloads/alpha/ which is not used anymore.
Unfortunately I can't fix the problem, because I have no write
permission for the alpha repository, only to main, so we have to wait
until novo or water wakes up. Until then you can download the alpha
files from the above link by hand if you need to.

Sorry for the mess...

- 101

:: $ gmake check
::
:: Welcome to Slate: Less talk, more rock!
::   Version: 0.3.5
::    System: Linux [little-endian]
::     Build: optimized
::
:: Downloading http://slate.tunes.org/repos/alpha/vm.c
:: Downloading http://slate.tunes.org/repos/alpha/vm.h
:: Downloading http://slate.tunes.org/repos/alpha/AutoLoad
:: Compiling src/mobius/vm/platform/ansifile.c  (optimized)
:: Compiling src/mobius/vm/platform/boot.c  (optimized)
:: Compiling src/mobius/vm/platform/extprim.c  (optimized)
:: src/mobius/vm/platform/extprim.c: In function
:: `applyExternalLibraryPrimitive':
:: src/mobius/vm/platform/extprim.c:301: `ASCIIStringProto'
:: undeclared (first use in this function)
:: src/mobius/vm/platform/extprim.c:301: (Each undeclared
:: identifier is reported only once
:: src/mobius/vm/platform/extprim.c:301: for each function it
:: appears in.)
:: gmake: *** [src/mobius/vm/platform/extprim.o] Error 1
::
:: Nick.
::
:: Lendvai Attila wrote:
:: > Hi!
:: >
:: > In main: String was cut into String and ASCIIString. It
:: doesn't mean
:: > too many api changes, currently String new will return
:: ASCIIStrings as
:: > before and probably this api will remain so when the i18n
:: package is
:: > fully integrated except it will return a smarter string
:: > implementation. An important change is that Character is now
:: > accessible trough its appropiate String prototypes; e.g.
:: > ASCIICharacter became ASCIIString Character.
:: >
:: > Hopefully I didn't break anything, but if something fails
:: drop a mail
:: > to the list.
:: >
:: > - 101