Trouble getting slate gui started from instructions

Timmy Douglas timmy+slate at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 5 08:53:10 PDT 2006

I think I've followed the instructions fairly well and well here is
the output:

(sdl.image is the image I made when I first loaded the slate files
that didn't need the foreign library)

timmy at main ~/src/slate/slate-current $ ./vm -i sdl.image
Slate: Growing heap to 9465024 bytes.
Nil
Slate 1> load: 'src/plugins/sdl-windows/windows.slate'.
load: 'src/plugins/cairo/cairo.slate'.
load: 'demo/ui.slate'.

mainWindow eventLoop.Loading P'src/plugins/sdl-windows/windows.slate'

Library slate-windows was successfully loaded.
The method #Windows was not found for the following arguments:
{lobby}
Nil
Slate 2> Loading P'src/plugins/cairo/cairo.slate'
Library slate-cairo was successfully loaded.
The method #formats was not found for the following arguments:
{lobby}
Nil
Slate 3> Loading P'demo/ui.slate'
The method #Window was not found for the following arguments:
{lobby}
Nil
Slate 4> The method #mainWindow was not found for the following arguments:
{(...)}
Nil
Slate 5>