Trouble getting slate gui started from instructions

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Apr 5 09:15:44 PDT 2006

First, there are errors happening that are being skipped. Basically
one error is precipitating the rest. Type "repl noviceMode: False."
to get a debugging context any time an error occurs. Maybe this
should be in a message when skipped - unfortunately there's not a way
to save the stack as a continuation to debug after-the-fact.

Second, windows.slate starts with "ensureNamespace: #Windows ..."
which conflicts with a new REPL feature where the implicit context is
another namespace that delegates to the lobby, not the lobby itself
(part of an attempt to make persistent REPL workspaces).

I have uploaded a patch that fixes this (to "lobby ensureNamespace:
#Windows ..." and cleans up some other code in the same file. Let me
know if that works.