Change in kernel image naming

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Feb 9 14:33:37 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've changed the kernel image name convention for consistency from
(endianness).image to:
kernel.(endianness).(word-size).image

The makefile and boot procedure are updated for this, HOWEVER, the
alpha repository still stores a big.image and little.image. I may
keep these named separately so that the ordinary make setup ignores
them entirely.

I've also updated the INSTALL instructions for this.

Yes, this does indicate intentions to make Slate 64-bit compatible,
but I don't have a schedule for that happening yet. As always,
patches/testers are welcome, and there are available makefile flags
to test word size (WORD_SIZE).

Both main and alpha repositories are updated for this, as well as the
slate-current tarball. Let me know if there are any problems.