stderr output now properly available in the image

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Fri Feb 10 14:46:36 PST 2006

I just fixed some remaining issues with output to console stderr, so
that DebugConsole output goes there. This required a VM change and a
few source changes, including separating out console I/O into src/lib/
console.slate.

Note that inform:, query:, and confirm: all take a console optional
as &target:, so this is immediately usable for the debugger etc. I
might have to make some adjustments to the policy of where messages
go, but this will be trivial by comparison.

It requires a new VM build and image, although there should be no
breakage between old and new versions, since the interface is only
trivially different (the console output primitive checks for non-zero
in order to use stderr vs. stdout). VM sources and images are
available in alpha and the tarball as usual.