Site repository status(es)

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Tue Jul 18 10:02:46 PDT 2006

So, the big problem with getting involved with Slate right now is my
neglect of maintaining clean repositories. Right now there are several
patches in main  and one or two in alpha which bungle builds or cause
problems just with the build-up of the regular image itself.

I've also decided to heed the ongoing advice to use some clearer roles to
describe the repository.

So, to that end, how about I set up "stable" vs "unstable" vs "???"? Would
removing the main/alpha branches once these are set up (and described on
the website) annoy too many people in the wrong way? Is there something
else I should do entirely?

I want to fix Slate on the limited time/attention I have right now, and I
don't care how much change/compromise it takes to do that, so please speak
your minds.

There is still that new server that can be set up. I've given up the idea
of jails for now, although that can be done later. I just want a decent
site setup there and will grant enough rights to those who want to help.

I'm rambling... I just want to expose my willingness to do things
differently to make Slate more useful.