Slate's slowness impeding UI/IDE development

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sun Jun 11 18:38:34 PDT 2006

On Jun 11, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Mark Haniford wrote:

> This seems to be the second time that someone has had to stop work on
> the gui because of the slowness of Slate.  It might be time to ask Lee
> to come back and work on the compiler/JIT stuff.  Time keeps on
> marching by and it's not waiting for Slate.

I agree; this observation has been impressed on me since the moment
he declared his lack of enthusiasm.

I just want this project to work and do useful things for people. I'd
sacrifice quite a bit of control to achieve that.

To Lee:
  How can we persuade you to return somehow? Would it need to involve
shedding some of the formalities of a public open-source project?