Release moratorium until further notice

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Mar 30 09:14:22 PST 2006

I've added a top-level blurb to that effect on the website, since I
am not inclined to perform packaging activities lately, and would
like to work at a faster pace.

This will at least help explain the lack of a release since last
August. That said, our effective version number has climbed
drastically since 0.3.5 and I may just push ahead for a while until I
get something relatively mature.

A factor in this decision of mine is a distinct lack of feedback from
users; it seems like everyone LIKES Slate, but stops using it after a
while because it's not convenient enough. So from my standpoint, it's
easier to just hack on it and disregard public opinion than to try to
crank out more frequent releases in the hope that someone will pay
more attention.

If a volunteer wants to take over the process of making releases and
prettying up Slate, I'll be glad to assist; it's actually not that
difficult, but it breaks my workflow in annoying ways. Apply within,
so to speak.