Release moratorium until further notice

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Thu Mar 30 14:04:36 PST 2006

Hello Brian,
If I were you I would also make this statement very clear on Slate's web site
and instead of releases fill the news with your progress, particularly new
features and big enhancements.
Most of us when we look at a project the first thing we notice is if there
wasn't a release recently and not having one is a bad sign (there are
thousands of hopelessly dead projects out there).
Just my two cents.

On Thursday, 30 de March de 2006 19:14, Brian Rice wrote:
> I've added a top-level blurb to that effect on the website, since I
> am not inclined to perform packaging activities lately, and would
> like to work at a faster pace.
>
> This will at least help explain the lack of a release since last
> August. That said, our effective version number has climbed
> drastically since 0.3.5 and I may just push ahead for a while until I
> get something relatively mature.
>
> A factor in this decision of mine is a distinct lack of feedback from
> users; it seems like everyone LIKES Slate, but stops using it after a
> while because it's not convenient enough. So from my standpoint, it's
> easier to just hack on it and disregard public opinion than to try to
> crank out more frequent releases in the hope that someone will pay
> more attention.
My problem was that I couldn't find anything easy enough to do in Slate for my
newbiness at that time, so, stopping releases and moving faster my actually
be the right thing to do, even for us, dormant slate users :)

Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)