Strongtalk VM?

John Leuner jewel at subvert-the-dominant-paradigm.net
Wed Oct 25 05:02:02 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 19:35 -0500, Mark Haniford wrote:
> I've seen Brian on the Strongtalk mailinglist, but I thought I would
> bring up the Strongtalk VM here.  My question is if it could be used
> for Slate?  Are the semantics of Slate to foreign for a Smalltalk VM?
> I noticed that a couple people wanted the Lisp interpreter for Slate.
> Does anybody have any specific plans for working on Slate?

I was interested in the Lisp interpreter because I remember being
impressed that such a fairly complete language could be implemented in
only a few thousand lines of lisp code.

Since then I've become proficient in Common Lisp and wanted to look at
it again.

Are there any other 'model' implementations of interpreters for 'more
than a toy' languages?

John Leuner